Meghnad Saha Institute of Technology (MSIT) , one of the pioneering Degree Engineering Colleges at Kolkata, is approved by AICTE and affiliated to WBUT. It began its journey on September 5, 2001, the very date when Teachers’ day is celebrated in India. Over the last 15 years, the College has created an enviable track record of imparting excellent education for the aspiring engineers and managers. Under the aegis of Techno India Group, MSIT endeavours to achieve academic excellence through better teaching and a research oriented approach for the young intellectuals to prepare for their leadership roles in a competitive world. The institute provides state-of-the-art infrastructure for facilitating optimum resource allocation to each student in technical education. It is conveniently located having easy approach to bus route, railway station and airport.
Top ranked students are admitted here through JEE and JEE (Main) for its engineering programmes, JECA for its MCA programme and GATE/PGET for its M. Tech programmes. Eminently qualified, research minded, dynamic and committed faculty members (many with PhDs) provide dedicated teaching. The sprawling Central Library of the college has over 52000 books, Digital Library, spacious reading room and Institutional membership with IEEE for online Journals; Laboratory facilities at MSIT are second to none with more than 700 computers and other highly priced technical equipments and laboratory set-ups. DST/MNRE (GOI sponsored) research lab, State of the art English language lab, multiple AC seminar rooms and multi faceted student amenities are some of the infrastructural USP.
Excellent academic performance of students in University examinations, high strike rates for placement in top IT/Core sector companies as well as excellent rate of success for higher studies through GATE, CAT, GRE & GMAT always attract quality students to this college. Our students have received accolades and awards at various National level Project Competitions and have also presented research papers at National / International conferences with regularity. For the over-all growth of the students MSIT provides and encourages Co-curricular & Extracurricular activities through Seminars, Invited Tech Talks/Workshops, Tech Fests, and Cultural Fests etc. The College has a rich alumni network.
To emerge as a world class academic institution, excelling in research and innovation through a learning experience, where students are encouraged to disseminate knowledge in science, engineering, technology, management and other areas of scholarship for purposeful application in their chosen profession and grow into socially responsible individuals to pursue excellence for themselves, their employers and the Nation.
To be a centre of excellence by developing resources and infrastructure beyond statutory requirements and become the preferred destination for learners.
To ensure that the process of learning is enjoyable through high quality of teaching that develops a sense of excitement in innovation, invention, design and entrepreneurship for the student.
To encourage and facilitate faculty, researchers and students to work synergistically across discipline boundaries.
To promote research and development, technical consultancy and productive partnership between industry and the Institute.
To inculcate a high regard for ethical principles and human values and to pursue knowledge as a process of lifelong learning.
- Tab 3 content goes here.
REGULATION ON CURBING THE MENACE OF RAGGING IN HIGHER EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS, 2009
In exercise of the powers conferred by Clause (g) of Sub-Section (1) of Section 26 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956, the University Grants Commission hereby makes the following Regulations, namely- TITLE, COMMENCEMENT AND APPLICABILITY
These regulations shall be called the “UGC Regulations on Curbing the Menace of Ragging in Higher Educational Institutions, 2009”.
• They shall come into force with immediate effect.
• They shall apply to all the universities established or incorporated by or under a Central Act, a Provincial Act or a State Act, to all institutions deemed to be university under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956, to all other higher educational institutions, including the departments, constituent units and all the premises (academic, residential, sports, canteen, etc) of such universities, deemed universities and other higher educational institutions whether located within the campus or outside, and to all means of transportation of students whether public or private.
To root out ragging in all its forms from universities, colleges and other educational institutions in the country by prohibiting it by law, preventing its occurrence by following the provisions of these Regulations and punishing those who indulge in ragging as provided in these Regulations and the appropriate law in force.
DEFINITION OF RAGGING
“Ragging” means the following: Any conduct whether by words spoken or written or by an act which has the effect of teasing, treating or handling with rudeness any other student, indulging in rowdy or undisciplined activities which causes or is likely to cause annoyance, hardship or psychological harm or to raise fear or apprehension thereof in a fresher or a junior student will not in the ordinary course and which has the effect of causing or generating a sense of shame or embarrassment so as to adversely affect the physique or psyche of a fresher or a junior student.
PUNISHABLE INGREDIENTS OF RAGGING• Abetment to ragging•Use of criminal force• Criminal conspiracy to rag• Assault as well as sexual offenses or unnatural offences• Unlawful assembly and rioting while ragging• Extortion• Public nuisance created during ragging• Criminal trespass• Violation of decency and morals through ragging• Offenses against property;• Injury to body, causing hurt or grievous hurt• Criminal intimidation• Wrongful restraint; Wrongful confinement• Physical or psychological humiliation;
• Attempt to commit any or all of the above mentioned offences against the victim(s);
• All other offences following from the definition of “Ragging”.
MEASURES FOR PROHIBITION OF RAGGING AT THE INSTITUTION LEVEL
• The institution shall strictly observe the provisions of the act of the Central Government and the State Governments, if any, or if enacted, considering ragging as a cognizable offence under the law on a par with rape and other atrocities against women and ill-treatment of persons belonging to the SC/ST, and prohibiting ragging in all its forms in all institutions.
• Ragging in all its forms shall be totally banned in the entire institution, including its departments, constituent units, all it premises (academic, residential, sports, canteen, etc) whether located within the campus or outside and in all means of transportation of students whether public or private.
• The institution shall take strict action against those found guilty of ragging and/or of abetting ragging.
PUNISHMENTS AT THE INSTITUTION LEVEL
Depending upon the nature and gravity of the offence as established by the Anti-Ragging Committee of the institution, the possible punishments for those found guilty of ragging at the institution level shall be any or any combination of the following:
• Suspension from attending classes and academic privileges;
• Withholding/Withdrawing scholarship/fellowship and other benefits;
• Debarring from appearing in any test/examination or other evaluation process;
• Withholding results;
• Debarring from representing the institution in any regional, national or international meet, tournament, youth festival, etc;
• Suspension/ expulsion from the hostel;
• Cancellation of admission;
• Rustication from the institution for period from 1 to 4 semesters;
• Expulsion from the institution and consequent debarring from admission to any other institution for a specific period;
• Fine will be imposed between Rs. 25,000/- and Rs. 1 Lakh;
• Collective punishment: When the persons committing or abetting the crime of ragging are not identified, the institution shall resort to collective punishment.
Name Designation Position in BOG Prof. Sparshamani Chatterjee Chairman Nominee of Trust Mr. Goutam Roy Chowdhury or his nominee Mr.Pradyut Biswas Trust’s Chairman Nominee of Trust Mrs. Mou Roy Chowdhury or her Nominee Member Nominee of Trust Mr. Satyam Roy Chowdhury Member Nominee of Trust Mr.Tapan Kumar Ghosh or his Nominee Mr.Hillol Majumder Member Nominee of Trust Prof.(Dr.)Sajal Dasgupta , DTE , Govt. of West Bengal Member Nominee of Trust Nominee of AICTE Member Regional Officer: Ex – Officio Prof. Goutam Banerjee , Dept. of EE , IIEST – Shibpur , Kolkata Member Representative from MAKAUT Prof. Arijit Chakraborty , GCETT , Sreerampur Member Educationist nominated by State Govt. Mr. A. K. Roy Member Nominee of the Trust Mr. A. K. Ghosh Member Nominee of the Trust Mr. Anit Adhikari Member Nominee of the Trust Dr. Arindam Ray Member Nominee of the Trust Prof. (Dr.) Utpal Ganguly Member Principal’s Nominee Dr. Sudip Dogra Member Principal’s Nominee Prof. (Dr.) Tirthankar Datta Member Secretary Nominee of the Trust
- Tab 6 content goes here.
Techno India Group (TIG) began its journey in the year 1985 and at that time it had a vision of delivering quality education in science and engineering to the students in West Bengal, India. The Group started with small but sure steps and after almost three decades of phenomenal journey it has emerged as one of the largest and most acclaimed Knowledge Management Groups in the country, having 41 Campuses with 5 Universities, 20 Engineering Colleges, 10 B-Schools, 11 Public Schools and 11 H.S. Schools.
TIG has reached new milestone with excellence in Technology, Education and Placement of its 5 Lakh students in many reputed MNCs over the years.
During its voyage, Techno India Group has strengthened its original emphasis on Science and Engineering and expanded into Management, Medicine, and other key areas including Information and Communication Technology, Biotechnology, Food Technology, Bio-medical Engineering, Paramedical Sciences, Management Sciences, Media Science to name a few. The latest feather added to its cap is to establish ”Techno India University, West Bengal” at Salt Lake.
Techno India Group is committed to create a Unique, Knowledge based State-of-the-art learning environment and produce the best technocrats in the country to shape up the Information Age of the new millennium.
• To initiate innovation in the fields of skill development and curriculum design.
• To remain dedicated, proactive and responsive to social, individual and industrial needs.
Techno India Group is determined to play a pivotal role in professional and higher technical education with a definitive focus on Information Technology. The Group empowers students to face global challenges with plan and to handle the global opportunities with ease.
This is achieved by:
• Rigorous quality and knowledge management activities at all levels.
• Strengthening the Group’s capability in scholastic, research and learning paths as a continuous process.
• Working in tandem with the industry and always remaining proactive to changing needs of the industry.
• Producing technocrats for the Global Market
The Techno India group will value
• Openness and integrity.
• Quality and knowledge orientation.
• Thirst for achievement of all the students and employees.
1984 Establishment of ICE[I] with the mission to educate students in Computer field. 1985-1995 Establishment of 70 University / College Computer Centres in West Bengal & Tripura. 1994-1998 Successfully executed E-goverence projects of various state Governments including Voter-ID Card. 1998 Establishment of Engineering College in West Bengal namely NSEC & Asansol Engineering College (JV). 1999 Established Siliguri Institute of Technology. 2000 Established Bengal Institute of Technology and Techno Model School-Siliguri. 2001 Established Techno India, Salt Lake, Meghnad Saha Institute of Technology and Techno Model School-Garia. 2002 Established Techno India Hooghly. 2003 Established Techno Model School-Salt Lake. 2005 Established Techno India College of Technology and Techno India Group Public School-Hooghly. 2006 Established Techno India Group Public School-Garia and Techno India Group Public School-Siliguri. 2007 Established Techno India Group Public School-Balurghat & Tied up with Saroj Mohan Institute of Technology. 2008 Established Techno India Group Public School-Cooch Behar and Techno India Group Public School-Bolpur. 2009 Establishment of Techno Global Balurghat and Techno India Group Public School-Mankundu. 2010 Tied up with Abacus Institute of Engineering & Management, Established Techno India Group Public School-Konnagar. 2011 Take over IERCEM Institute of Information Technology 2011 Take over Kanksa Academy of Technology and a Management College namely Apex Management Institute, Durgapur. 2010-2012 Establishment of University at Shilong ( Meghalaya), Sironj (MP), Jind (Haryana), Kota (Rajasthan) & Kolkata . 2013 Established Techno India – Ramgarh, Techno India – Chaibasa, Techno India – Silli 2013 Established Techno India Group Academia – Ariadaha, Banipur. Bolpur. 2014 Established of Techno India Kolkata at Joka
- Tab 8 content goes here.